I've been tagged by my sister Joan. http://watercolorsbyjoan.blogspot.com
If I understand the rules correctly, I now have to tell 7 things about myself that no one knows (well, my sis probably knows all of them), and then tag 7 other people. Let's see if I can find 7 people I know who haven't been tagged before.
1. I was named Michelle after my father, Michael, and got the nickname "Mickey" from one of my father's boyhood friends. My brother Joe was named after my Mom. We sometimes do things a little backwards in my family.
2. I was exposed to art at a young age when my aunt took me to the art museums in NYC on my birthday outings. I knew right away that I wanted to be an artist when I grew up.
3. When I was about 10, I accidentally stuck my hand into a wet oil painting belonging to an artist who was next to me on the Fire Island ferry. I was trying to keep from falling when the ferry lurched.
4. I wanted to play for the Yankees when I grew up (in addition to being an artist, of course). The closest I came was a mom's softball team when my kids were little.
5. My favorite foods are lobster and ice cream (not together).
6. I met my husband on a trip to a dude ranch with a church youth group. I was from New York and he was from Pennsylvania, and we met in Massachusetts.
7. A couple of years ago I joined a beginners senior tap dance class and have performed in two of their annual shows.
The 7 people I tagged are:
Rhonda Carpenter - http://rhcarpenter.blogspot.com
Susan Roper - http://wcbysusanroper.blogspot.com
Cia Price - http://artmaker-cecilia-price.blogspot.com
Jane James - http://janefranart.blogspot.com
Dabs - http://artbydabs.blogspot.com
Marilyn Fuerstenberg - http://marilynfuerstenberg.blogspot.com
Elizabeth McRorie - http://emcrorie.blogspot.com