Thursday, August 18, 2005

Camden Workshop






I recently attended an outdoor workshop in Camden, Maine. We learned to paint harbors, schooners, sailboats, fog (lots of fog), and lighthouses. I also learned that I need to consolidate my painting gear more as it was tough lugging it all around to the various painting destinations. I highly recommend an outdoor workshop to anyone who wants to paint landscapes/seascapes in watercolor. Here are some photos from the workshop. The workshop was given by Joel Popadics (www.watercolorpop.com), shown giving a demo at left. That's my painting of a schooner in the second photo, and that's me in the red shirt in the middle one, painting sailboats with Mt. Battie in the distance. During the 5 day workshop I started 10 paintings, which I will try to finish at home from notes and photos. I will post some of them here when they are completed.

No comments: