Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Drawing


Okay, so it's not watercolor. I just had to share this one. A good drawing is the foundation for a good watercolor. I was not happy with my drawing skills, so when I saw an online drawing class starting on WetCanvas, (www.wetcanvas.com) I decided to try it. Our first assignment was to draw something that we felt was too difficult for us. We are now up to lesson #26, and in this lesson we re-visited our first drawing and did it again. This is the drawing I did today of my grandson, Matthew, at about a year and a half old. Forgive me if I don't post the "before" picture. I learned a lot in these 26 lessons about being patient, really looking, and starting very lightly and progressing until I was happy with the drawing, and then pushing the darks. I'm quite happy with this one and discovered that I like pencil drawing not just as a preparation for watercolor, but as a medium of its own.

4 comments:

Michelle Himes said...

The drawing 101 class is ongoing, so you can just start at lesson 1 anytime you wish. Here is the link for the lessons.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276503

Michelle

Anonymous said...

This pencil drawing is absolutely wonderful! Wish I had the patience for this. I barely have patience for watercolor even though it's a fast medium...Yvonne

M said...

excellent!

Thomas Gada said...

Great drawing and great link!