Sunday, March 16, 2008

Gerald Brommer Workshop Day 2















On Day 2 we were able to use our own reference photos. But there was a catch! We were to choose a few elements from our photo - white house, rocks, pine trees, lupines, sea and rearrange them in several thumbnail sketches, then choose 2 of our sketches to make paintings. This would be our routine each day - to do two different paintings from the same reference/references. I enjoyed doing this one, using a photo that I had taken in Maine a few years back. Great minds think alike, because my sis ended up chosing the same sketch as I did of the barn on Day 1, and her day 2 paintings also had Maine, and lupines as subjects. You can see Joan's workshop paintings at www.watercolorsbyjoan.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Joan said...

Mickey, Even though these are so similar (almost mirror images) they are so different. I like the arrangemets you made with the elements for this one.